We are looking to hire a Lead Teacher in our Tweeny room. This position manages all aspects of the Tweeny classroom, including lesson/curriculum planning and managing classroom staff. The hours are 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Lead Teacher works closely with the Assistant Teacher and Closer to ensure that each child’s developmental needs, as well as the long-range goals of the program, are being met. This includes creating an environment of caring and warmth, arranging and maintaining equipment and the environment, and meeting all program requirements. Staff members are expected to support and adhere to the Center’s mission, philosophies, and policies; maintain confidentiality regarding personnel, families, children, and program matters; and meet the New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) regulations. They are also expected to serve as role models to promote an atmosphere of good will, team spirit, openness, and sharing in all interactions with children, staff, and parents.
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Development, Child Development, or a related field and one year of experience caring for infants and toddlers, or
- Infant and Toddler Child Care and Education credential (CDA) and two years of experience related to caring for children, or
- Child Development Associate credential (CDA) and two years of experience caring for children, one of which must be related to caring for infants or toddlers, or
- 9 college credits in Early Childhood, Child Development, or a related field, with a plan of study leading to: Infant and Toddler Child Care and Education, or Infant Toddler Child Development Associate credential or other office-recognized credential specific to the infant/toddler developmental period.
- Two years’ experience related to caring for children, one of which must be related to working with infants or toddlers.
Employment is contingent upon passing a successful background check, three state clearances, and a physical exam.We are no longer accepting applications for this ad.