Canton Day Care Center serves families of children ages 6 weeks through 12 years old. We provide a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment that allows children to grow, discover, and learn through a variety of age and developmentally appropriate experiences. As a caring parent, we understand that you want the best for your child. Our Center not only loves and encourages the children, but fosters their social, cognitive, and motor development to provide them with an overwhelming positive daycare experience.
COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS – Revised 09/22/2021
NEW HOURS: 7:15am – 5:30pm
With the uncertainty of these times, we want those of you in need of child care to know that we are open. We continue to follow recommendations by Public Health, our health care consultant, OCFS, CDC and Board of Directors to insure everyone stays healthy.
Effective 8/23/21, all staff must be fully vaccinated or must provide a negative COVID-19 test weekly.
The following procedures are in effect.
- All staff, parents/guardians are required to wear a mask. If you do not have one, please wait outside and we will take your child in for you.
- On September 16, 2021 OCFS filed an emergency regulation requiring the use of face coverings by any individual age 2 years and older while indoors in a child care program. (Regulation 418-1.11(J)(20).
- All parents/guardians must be vaccinated to enter the Center. Please provide proof of vaccination to the Directors. Upon arriving, please line up outside and enter one at a time. You may enter once the person in front of you has exited. You do not need to call. Please minimize the amount of time you are in the Center. If you would like to continue dropping off/picking up at the door, let us know.
- If you do not provide proof of vaccination, your child must be dropped off/picked up at the door.
- Vaccinated parents and guardians:
- Only one parent/guardian may enter with each child. If there are multiple children from one family attending, a parent or guardian may enter with each child. Please, no other siblings or relatives are allowed in the building.
- There is a hand sanitizer station located in the main entrance. We ask that all parents/guardians/staff use it before entering the center. An additional hand sanitizing station is located at the main desk.
- Temperatures of staff, parent/guardian and children are taken at the main entrance upon arriving and before leaving daily.
- Go to your child’s classroom and knock on the door. The teacher will come to the door to take your child. Then place your child’s belongings in their cubby and exit the center.
- If you have multiple children attending, drop off the youngest child first. Please keep older children near you and don’t allow them to enter the classroom.
- When picking up children, please pick up the oldest first and youngest last. Please keep other children near you and don’t let them enter classrooms.
- We are not allowing parents/guardians into the classrooms at this time. Please do not gather in the hallways.
- Please keep you child/ren near you at all times! We don’t want them running in the hallways. We have taught them to stay with their teacher/class.
- If you need to speak to a teacher, please call the Center. Staff are not allowed to stand in the doorway having a conversation.
- The Director and Assistant Director will assist families as needed.
- Any staff member or child with a temperature of 100.4 or higher or other signs of illness must leave and remain home until fever free for 2 hours without medication.
- Staff are instructed to remain in their own classroom and will not visit any other classroom.
- At nap time, cots are spaced out 3 feet of each other and the children are to be placed head to toe.
- We ask that children do not bring in toys from home. Items will be placed in the child’s cubby.
- If a child or staff member becomes ill while at the center, we will remove the person from the classroom immediately. The staff member will be sent home. The child’s parent/guardian will be contacted to pick up their child as soon as possible. The child will rest on their cot in the office area until their parent/guardian arrives.
- If COVID-19 is confirmed in a child or unvaccinated staff member, the classroom will be closed immediately upon receiving notification. All the children/staff will have to quarantine, and must be tested. Parent/Guardian must provide the center with a copy of any communications from Public Health and/or physician such as quarantine letter, and including test results. Personnel and children will be allowed to return only upon completion of quarantine and receipt of a negative COVID-19 test result.
- If COVID-19 is confirmed in a vaccinated individual, the classroom will be closed immediately upon receiving notification. All the children will have to quarantine. Parent/Guardian must provide the center with a copy of any communications from Public Health and/or physician such as quarantine letter, and including test results. Children will be allowed to return only upon completion of quarantine.
- All parents/guardians will receive OCFS Health Screening Attestation Form for completion and return. Self-screening of parent/guardian and children will be required daily. If symptoms are displayed by parent/guardian or child, the child cannot enter the center. They will be allowed to return upon receipt of a negative COVID-19 test result.
- We appreciate your cooperation in keeping the children and staff safe!
- We know the importance of handwashing with the virus and assure you that the children and staff are diligently washing their hands through out the day.
- We will continue disinfecting all spaces in the Center as well as toys and equipment throughout the day.
- The Center will be following all CDC recommendations for domestic and international travel.
- We are not participating in any inter-generational activities.
- This protocol is subject to change based on changes in the community. The Executive Director will consult with Public Health and OCFS and follow the procedures recommended.
For more information see the Center’s website at www.cantondaycare.org or contact Nancy Addison at 315-379-1829.
Why Canton Day Care Center?
CDCC is an incredibly dependable child care option. We are open 7:15am-5:30pm Monday through Friday, year round, on most holidays, and through inclement weather and snow days. We also highly value security. Our Center is regulated by the State of New York Office of Child and Family Services, giving parents peace of mind and the ability to focus at work rather than be worried about their children. Canton Day Care Center is flexible, and works hard to accommodate the child care needs of our parents. We offer full-time and part-time care, as well as an after-school program for school-aged children. Because we operate independently and are open to the public regardless of employer or income level, our Center is accessible.
We’ve launched a fundraising campaign to help expand the Center! Please consider a gift to support the Center’s future. Visit our giving page to make a tax-deductible contribution and learn more about the project. We appreciate your support!