Canton Day Care Center serves families of children ages 6 weeks through 12 years old. We provide a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment that allows children to grow, discover, and learn through a variety of age and developmentally appropriate experiences. As a caring parent, we understand that you want the best for your child. Our Center not only loves and encourages the children, but fosters their social, cognitive, and motor development to provide them with an overwhelming positive daycare experience.
NEW HOURS: 7:15am – 5:30pm
With the uncertainty of these times, we want those of you in need of child care to know that we are open. We continue to follow recommendations by the Department of Health, and more, to insure everyone stays healthy. Effective immediately, consistent with Office of Children and Family recommendations, we are no longer taking peoples’ temperatures. The following procedures are in effect starting July 6, 2021. Until then, please continue to drop you child off at the front door with a staff member.
- All staff, parents and guardians are required to wear a mask. If you do not have one, please wait outside and we will take your child in for you.
- Upon arriving, please line up outside and enter one at a time. You may enter once the person in front of you has exited. You do not need to call. Please minimize the amount of time you are in the Center.
- If you would like to continue dropping off/picking up at the door, let us know.
- Only one parent or guardian may enter with each child. If there are multiple children from one family attending, a parent or guardian may enter with each child. Please, no other siblings or relatives are allowed in the building.
- Go to your child’s classroom and knock on the door. The teacher will come to the door to take your child. Then place your child’s belongings in their cubby and exit the center.
- If you have multiple children attending, drop off the youngest child first. Please keep older children near you and don’t allow them to enter the classroom.
- When picking up children, please pick up the oldest first and youngest last. Please keep other children near you and don’t let them enter classrooms.
- We are not allowing parents/guardians into the classrooms at this time. Please do not gather in the hallways.
- If you need to speak to a teacher, please call the Center. Staff are not allowed to stand in the doorway having a conversation.
- Please keep you child/ren near you at all times! We don’t want them running in the hallways. We have taught to stay with their teacher/class.
- The Director and Assistant Director will assist families as needed.
- We appreciate your cooperation in keeping the children and staff safe!
- We know the importance of handwashing with the virus and assure you that the children and staff are diligently washing their hands through out the day.
- We will continue disinfecting all spaces in the Center throughout the day.
- We are not participating in any inter-generational activities.
For more information see the Center’s website at www.cantondaycare.org or contact Nancy Addison at 315-379-1829.
Why Canton Day Care Center?
CDCC is an incredibly dependable child care option. We are open 7:30am-6:00pm Monday through Friday, year round, on most holidays, and through inclement weather and snow days. We also highly value security. Our Center is regulated by the State of New York Office of Child and Family Services, giving parents peace of mind and the ability to focus at work rather than be worried about their children. Canton Day Care Center is flexible, and works hard to accommodate the child care needs of our parents. We offer full-time and part-time care, as well as an after-school program for school-aged children. Because we operate independently and are open to the public regardless of employer or income level, our Center is accessible.
We’ve launched a fundraising campaign to help expand the Center! Please consider a gift to support the Center’s future. Visit our giving page to make a tax-deductible contribution and learn more about the project. We appreciate your support!